NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Keeper bracket(s)
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Keeper bracket(s)
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:04 pm)   
Edited:  7 weeks ago   (8/29/14 5:43 pm)

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept
louis vuitton outlet http:/ / www.nercc.org/ louisvuittonoutlet.cfm

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:27 pm)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:30 pm)

hey pete, both brackets you posted have California winning . . . the pdf's are correct though, so its just the ones showing on the page

pwakefield77

Littleton, CO
Member (Mar 2010)
67 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:35 pm)   

pete! that bracket is hot! leonard hamilton and kevin stallings both snake bit coaches and you're ridin em to glory. is thursday here already?!!!!

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:41 pm)   

Yeah, that whole bracket is chockful of underachieving coaches. If one of these snakebitten coaches can't get off the schneid this year, then there's no hope. I'm sure I'll be ruing picking Vandy. But what the heck.

@Ryan - Fixing right now.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:43 pm)   

Love the bracket and the logic, haha . . . I have 9 upsets in my bracket, but i have them all early . . . My feeling looking at the field is that the first weekend will be crazy, but then I see things settling down slightly leading into the final four (I think the tops teams are strong enough relative to the rest of the field to rise to the top)

skillet300

Denver, PA
Member (Mar 2007)
5 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 9:49 pm)   

Would it be possible to post results for each of the models year by year based on how many correct picks each round they get? Using the ESPN standard scoring puts an extreme value on picking the winner, or a team in the finals. It is possible that some of the models excel at picking early round matchups but not at identifying champions or final four ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 10:03 pm)   

@ryan - I should've said that I also tried to match when upsets occurred historically in the tourney. I don't disagree with your assessment, though, Ryan. Often, by the time I get to my Keeper bracket, I've grown tired of seeing the same teams in every model...so I feel compelled to inject diversity.

@skillet300 - I wish I would've ... more »

skillet300

Denver, PA
Member (Mar 2007)
5 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 10:17 pm)   

Would it be possible to post an "archive" of sorts, that we could look back at previous years (say that last 2- 3 years), that we could break down on a round by round basis on our own if we choose? I understand you are burnt out from your efforts in the last 2 days, but this would at least give users the option of doing their own evaluation of previous year model performance without just relying on the ESPN bracket challenge %.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 11:09 pm)   

Can I just say, I miss Gus Johnson already :( I dont have B1G Network, so I have missed out on his game calling abilities all year long. Heart break city

rpzbills33

Springfield, MO
Member (Jan 2010)
5 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/13/12 11:32 pm)   

I miss gus too and Iona choked big time I hope this isn't a indication of how my tourney goes

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/14/12 12:09 am)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (3/14/12 12:09 am)

I just blew up my bracket, haha, I had a change of heart on a few things and got a little crazy. I now have 10 upsets and (because I predicted it before selection sunday and I really want to see it happen) I decided to go with Wichita State in my final four. I did, however, take out my Lehigh over Duke selection after having the revelation ... more »

booradley12

Fort Dodge, IA
Member (Mar 2008)
3 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/14/12 1:23 am)   

I'm predicting 2 Top 4 seeds will lose in the first round this year. Not sure who I'll go with yet. Leaning towards Georgetown (I don't think Belmont's very good, though) and Kansas. Problem is Kansas could win it all too. Other contenders are Baylor and Marquette. Although I thought Iona would be a bigger challenge to them than BYU.

nsdikin

Smyrna, GA
Member (Mar 2012)
10 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/14/12 7:26 am)   

I used the seed guide and upset rules over the last 48 hours to make my picks. Anyone else seeing these Victim/ Upsets occuring in their bracket????

Round 1 - Davidson over Louisville, Ohio over Michigan, Texas over Cincy, NC State over SD State

Round 2 - Florida over Mizzou, Texas over FSU

hb81

Bossier City, LA
Member (Mar 2009)
2 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/14/12 8:17 am)   

nsdikin - of those victim/ upset games, are those games that have both victims and the upset teams in the same game?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/14/12 8:36 am)   

You can do the upset victors/ victims however you wish. In my Upset- Tossup model, I only made the pick when they resulted in better than 50% odds. That's why none of the 4v13's were picked...though they fit the bill.

The only one on there that doesn't satisfy the numbers is Florida. They get 67% of their points from the backcourt...therefore 33% from the frontcourt. Not enough.

pwakefield77

Littleton, CO
Member (Mar 2010)
67 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/14/12 8:57 am)   

ryan, i really like your wichita st pick. i've wanted to pull that trigger for several days now. i've got baylor as of right now. man, i'll give it some more thought

nsdikin

Smyrna, GA
Member (Mar 2012)
10 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/14/12 9:00 am)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (4/12/12 6:33 pm)

But according to the Seed Guide, in a 2 vs 7 matchup in RD2, seven seed probability to victory vs 2 seed is:

Seventh- seeders that offer the stiffest resistance are tourney tested but not fixtures, having been to the dance two to eight straight years; they’re led by experienced tournament coaches who aren’t snakebitten (more than six ... more »

pwakefield77

Littleton, CO
Member (Mar 2010)
67 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/14/12 9:08 am)   
Edited:  4 months ago   (6/26/14 2:06 am)

?? 3 ?????????????????????????: ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????: ????????????????????antiquing???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
[url=http:/ / www.gruporedima.com/ blueroy/ gucci/ index.html]??? ???[/ url]

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network