NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 20% madness!
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

20% madness!
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

Bamilus

Michgan
Member (Mar 2010)
92 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (4/5/11 6:36 pm)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (4/5/11 6:36 pm)

Ah well, I got next year to look forward to. My Hoosiers got Zeller coming in and the year after that we have (I think) 4 top 40 recruits and the year after that we already have the #1 and #18ish recruit committed.

It's about time Indiana becomes good again, haha.

Thanks again for the hard work, Pete. I'll pop in ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/5/11 1:49 pm)   

This is another point I'll make in the recap. Overall, the quality of teams was worse than usual across the board. One seeds weren't as good as ones of the past...and so on down to the 13th. I don't know if that's an aberration, a result of the one and done rule, a sign of college hoops parity/ mediocrity or what. A few things are for ... more »

gjd4

Madison, WI
Member (Mar 2010)
45 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/5/11 1:15 pm)   

Agreed!! Shoot 18% from the field, 8 of 14 from the free throw line and loose by 10 points. Great D by UConn and Butler, just realy awful offense by Butler. I was waiting for someone to at least try to penetrate instead of chucking up another 3.
Teams need to have more than 1 player that can create shots for himself and others, be it a ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/5/11 10:19 am)   

Interesting question schebOrk. My guess is no. But I will check and report on that in my overview coming later this week.

scheb0rk

Salem, VA
Member (Mar 2010)
3 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (4/5/11 9:51 am)   
Edited:  14 months ago   (2/18/13 10:04 am)

UCONN's win seemed to settle some of the madness, but I have a final question: Has the NCAA tournament ever had a champion (that was not a #1 seed) who did not have to face a single #1 seed during the tourney?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/5/11 8:11 am)   

Bamilus - Agreed. It's funny...going into the game, I thought, "This could be just like the Villanova 1985 game, where an eight seed plays a perfect game to beat a Big East powerhouse." Instead, it was 1985 in reverse- - where an eight seed played a perfectly awful game to hand the crown over to a Big East favorite. Seriously, Villanova ... more »

Bamilus

Michgan
Member (Mar 2010)
92 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/4/11 10:54 pm)   

Worst championship game I've ever watched. Terrible ball by both teams. I'd be ashamed if I was Calhoun or Stevens.

Lucus18

Lubbock, TX
Member (Feb 2011)
13 comments posted

3 years ago   (4/4/11 8:37 am)   

Pete great job this year, have used various tools to help me with my pool, playing to win tonight with UCONN, actually will win 3 pools with UCONN, funniest being a NJ pool with my UCONN pick being the only UCONN to win it all.

You would have thought someone in NJ would have picked them.

Keep up the great work, see you next year. Go Huskies one more game.

Dee

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (4/3/11 8:39 am)   
Edited:  14 months ago   (2/11/13 3:24 am)

Madometer hits 20 percent madness for first time ever!:

After the Butler and UConn wins, the Madometer has reached 20 percent madness. That's the largest deviation from perfect high seed dominance in the 28 years of the 64- team era. The 1986 tourney held the previous record of 18.8%. Depending on who wins, the Madometer will either ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network