NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Chalk Talk
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Chalk Talk
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/21/11 1:12 pm)   

Wow. I'm telling you...I feel like I should've been on that FSU pick. But I thought Singleton wouldn't have an impact. He didn't have that much- - what I didn't count on was the rest of the team playing so well without him. I smell FSU vs. Kansas.

kbiebel

Riverside, IL
Member (Feb 2009)
3 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/20/11 11:54 pm)   

Update: attendance was around 18,200 with plenty of Domers who only made a lot of noise when they were booing the Refs. FSU seized this game early on and the ND crowd was only a factor after a Seminoles player was whistled for a T and the Irish cut it to 12 or 10 with just under 5 minutes to go. By that point, the ND fans had already begun to leave at each TO under 8 minutes.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/19/11 12:41 pm)   

Interesting kbiebel...and now I sorta wish I picked Florida State. Defensive efficiency has trumped offensive efficiency in the last eight tourneys. i was impressed with FSU's length and defense. Plus, they're the sixth best team in the dance at defending the three- - a necessity against ND.

Thanks,
Pete

kbiebel

Riverside, IL
Member (Feb 2009)
3 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/19/11 11:12 am)   
Edited:  16 months ago   (4/13/13 2:03 pm)

Pete:

While I normally would agree that a game in Chicago should be a de facto Notre Dame home game, I attended the games yesterday and was surprised to see as many empty seats as there were (attendance was around 17,500 for each session in the 23,000 seat United Center). I have attended many toruney games and that was as quiet as ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/19/11 8:13 am)   

Only two models match higher- seed strategy:

After the first round of the 2011 tourney, a higher- seed strategy looks like it would've been the way to go. Advancing the higher seed in every matchup would've gotten you 25 correct picks. Only two models did as well, with 6- Pythag edging out the higher seed strategy, by one pick. Here ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network