NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : End-of-season report
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

End-of-season report
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/5/11 9:49 am)   
Edited:  12 months ago   (4/17/13 9:09 am)

Updated pulse check of top 50 teams heading into the conference tourneys:

About a month ago, I did my mid- term report on where I thought the top 36 teams stood. Today, as the regular season ends and conference tourney play begins, I’m updating the rankings.

This time, I examined the top 50 teams based ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/5/11 5:35 pm)   

Do- over #1...drop Purdue to Challenger and boost Wisconsin to Favorite. Hard to believe the Boilermakers lost to Iowa.

rtittmann
Ray
Concord, CA
Member (Mar 2008)
9 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/7/11 3:03 am)   

I was thinking about your SOS post from last week and wondering if there is a basis to adjust pythag ratings based on the opposition. It struck me as ironic that nd probably lost ground in your chart from its road win at UConn, scoring less than 75 points and winning by less than 10. Thoughts?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/7/11 9:13 am)   

Pomeroy's Pythag already adjusts for SOS...that's part of its beauty. I trust it more than RPI...and PASE analysis shows that it's a much better predictor of tourney performance than RPI. The fun's just starting, Ray!

rtittmann
Ray
Concord, CA
Member (Mar 2008)
9 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/7/11 9:18 am)   

Very cool. Did not know. Thank you!

Hoops411

Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Member (Nov 2010)
7 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/7/11 11:03 am)   

Pete:
Great analysis and nice organized summary. Tennessee not in your top 50? That is not a complaint because I am not a Pearl fan....the cheater and liar should be fired. They do have talent and would beat many of the Survivors and Cadavers. The Purdue loss to Iowa is wild. Texas will bite a lot of people again. They are 300th in FT% at 65%. ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

3 years ago   (3/7/11 3:27 pm)   

Hoops - I went strictly by the Pythag top 50...might've changed since Saturday. I agree with you...though Tennessee is the ultimate Jekyll/ Hyde team.

jdurham

Elmwood, IL
Member (Mar 2011)
14 comments posted

Posted: 3 years ago   (3/14/11 2:51 pm)   
Edited:  20 months ago   (9/15/12 4:54 pm)

I'm unhappy with bracketscience.com. I paid for the site, yet it says I am still in active. Does anyone know how long this usually take?

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network