NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Big 2, little 62
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Big 2, little 62
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/1/10 9:48 pm)   

Fixed the Memphis snafu. I've also got a blog I'm about to post that you'll like, comparing the top 32 Pythag teams with those of years' past. I didn't do 50 for reasons I explain in the blog.

spiggz

New York, NY
Member (Feb 2007)
12 comments posted

4 years ago   (2/28/10 10:54 pm)   

I also liked your new Pythag main analysis, but there is no comment section there, so I'm telling you here.

Though as a Kansas fan, I have to point out that it was the Jayhawks who destroyed UNC in the 2008 Final Four, not Memphis :)

spiggz

New York, NY
Member (Feb 2007)
12 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/28/10 2:18 am)   

Very nice analysis here. I would be curious to see three more things along the same lines:

1. Pythag seems like it might be a zero sum game, meaning that if the 3- 10 teams are worse than usual, some others should be better. Maybe the worst teams aren't as bad as usual this year, or maybe the bubble teams are better. I think it'd ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/26/10 7:06 pm)   

Top ten Pythag teams well under average Pythags- - except for top two ranked teams:

A couple weeks back, I looked at the average Pythag of the top 10 most efficient teams in college ball today and noted that it was among the lowest of the previous six tourneys. The average has since climbed and dipped, then climbed again. Today, the average ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network