NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: SEC : Wildcats
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » SEC »

Wildcats
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

BKiklis
Beau
Mount Vernon, NY
Member (Feb 2008)
12 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (1/8/10 2:59 pm)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (12/27/11 1:46 pm)

Funny how Syracuse bucked this trend in '03 and beat a veteran Kansas team...it'd interesting if history repeated itself.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (12/15/09 9:22 pm)   

Beau - check out my recent blog on why the Wildcats aren't among the eight teams with the statistical stuff to be champs. Only one team that hadn't been to the previous year's dance ended up cutting down the nets. That would be Syracuse in 2003. See if you agree that there are some interesting parallels between that Orange team and this year's Wildcats.

BKiklis
Beau
Mount Vernon, NY
Member (Feb 2008)
12 comments posted

5 years ago   (12/15/09 3:26 pm)   

The free throws are a serious problem as you mentioned...against Miami OH, they shot 58 percent for the game, but against UNC they did hit some free throws down the stretch...so the free throws will be the fate of this team. they have everything else, so we will see how the young wildcats fair.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (12/13/09 2:52 pm)   

After the first few games of the season- - Miami of Ohio in particular- - I was feeling like Kentucky would follow an expected arc...maybe getting a two or three seed, but not advancing past the Elite Eight. I'm definitely more bullish on them now, having watched Bledsoe, Cousins, Patterson and Wall (wow, is he fast). Still...something ... more »

BKiklis
Beau
Mount Vernon, NY
Member (Feb 2008)
12 comments posted

5 years ago   (12/12/09 11:44 am)   

Can Kentucky win it all this year? according to history, no, but when you look at this team with John Calapari and John Wall maybe they can oust the tourney trend. I saw this team play against UConn and Through the first three minutes I was ready to pick my national champion...that thought ended shortly after. If these talented freshman stick around, ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network