NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Saneometer sadness
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Saneometer sadness
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/28/09 9:32 am)   

2009 headed for second lowest Madometer reading in 64- team era:

Was that me writing a few months back that this would be a wide- open, upset- laden tourney? I'm sorry...apparently the Selection Committee has gotten so good at what they do that the NCAA tourney will now be referred to as March Saneness and I will be changing the ... more »

joamiq

New York, NY
Member (Mar 2009)
8 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/29/09 8:53 pm)   

I respectfully but completely disagree on your suggestion. I understand it would be nicer to have stronger lower seeds, but there's something very distasteful about letting teams that failed to win consistently enough and finished towards the bottoms of their conferences into the dance, even if they're from power conferences and are better ... more »

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (3/30/09 11:00 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (2/1/12 2:37 pm)

Huh? That's not the problem. It's nothing unusual when 15 of the top 16 teams in the tournament make it to the second round... in fact, that's a normal year.

The problem this year - - and in 2008, and in 2007 - - is that surprises in the second round have mostly been absent. This year, no 6 or 11 seed beat a 3 seed, and no ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network