NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 09 S16 vs. others
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

09 S16 vs. others
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (3/23/09 7:38 pm)   
Edited:  16 months ago   (4/13/13 5:57 am)

2009 Sweet 16 unique from other Sweet 16's in many ways:

The 2009 Sweet 16 is the highest seedest set of squads in the 25 years of the modern tourney era. Coming on the heels of the most predictable and upset- free dance in history (2007) and the only tourney to send all top seeds to the Final Four (2008), this is another ... more »

cderrick77584

Spring, TX
Member (Mar 2007)
13 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/24/09 9:45 am)   

It does and doesn't bother me. I think we are in for a few surprises. None of the 1 seeds have looked that dominant with the exception of UConn, but they are about to play some really good teams.

I don't think AZ or Xavier can make it to the Final Four, but besides that almost every other team left has a chance to make things at least ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/24/09 11:16 am)   

Despite my Pitt choice, I agree with you cderrick, on the need for a little tourney shake- up here to keep this interesting. Of the threes, Villanova and Syracuse looked the best to me.

mroliversson

San Clemente, CA
Member (Mar 2009)
1 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/24/09 3:03 pm)   

I am new at this website, but from the toss up rules, it looks like Memphis has a good shot at beating Memphis and Gonzaga has a good shot at beating Carolina.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/24/09 3:21 pm)   

Could be, although the toss- up rules are a small sample size by the Sweet 16- - and that model ranks dead last this year among the 12 I'm tracking on the ESPN tourney challenge. Pete

cderrick77584

Spring, TX
Member (Mar 2007)
13 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/24/09 10:20 pm)   

Syracuse looks really good to me. The only concern that I have is their depth, and what will happen if their bigs get into a little foul trouble with the Griffin boys.

We found out in the Big East tourney these guys can play huge minutes. I just wonder when depth will become an issue...if at all.

What is Duke outside of Carolina ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network