NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Madometer drops
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Madometer drops
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/22/09 8:10 pm)   

Predictable second round:

With just two lower seeded teams winning their round- two match- ups, 12 seed Arizona and five seed Purdue, the Madometer settled back to a below- average sanity percentage of 12.3 percent. That's the exact same rate as 2008

Since 1985, the average 64- team tourney has deviated from perfect high- seed ... more »

WSUwarriors

Utica, MI
Member (Mar 2007)
15 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/23/09 8:44 am)   

That's too bad. I have Pitts going all the way too. I agree, they have not looked and Villanova and Duke have looked better than expected.

mwiese30

Mesa, AZ
Member (Mar 2007)
1 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/23/09 2:39 pm)   

Starting in 2002 the NCAA Selection Committee started using the POD system when placing teams for the 1st and 2nd round games. With the new POD system the #1 to #4 seeds are "protected" for the most part and play the first two games near there home campus.

Is it possible that the POD system is causing the tournament to be more predictable ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/23/09 3:08 pm)   

I wrote in the 15 Trends article about the advantages of playing within 100 miles of your campus. Teams that have done that the last eight years have an overachieving PASE of +.202, higher than any other eight- year period. Interestingly, though, there were more "close to home" teams between 1985 and 1992 (55) than the last eight ... more »

WSUwarriors

Utica, MI
Member (Mar 2007)
15 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/23/09 4:30 pm)   

Pete, you wrote in your Keeper Model:

"Jamie Dixon is one of those snakebitten coaches that has been to the tourney more than five times without getting to the Elite Eight. These types of coaches usually don’t fare well."

Then why go with Pitts? Don't you advocate going with the odds as you said you did with taking MSU to Elite 8?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/23/09 5:25 pm)   

Yeah, I know. After watching Pitt play, I'm regretting that choice. I thought he had the team to get off the schnide, but they sure don't look like it. Villanova was the most impressive in that bracket.

I made a mistake on West Virginia getting to the Sweet but went with MSU at least to the Elite 8. One model- - I think Seed Matchups- ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

©2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network