NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Cleveland State!
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Cleveland State!
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/20/09 11:05 pm)   

Cleveland State had all the earmarks of a 13 seed Cinderella:

My advice on bracket building has always been to avoid picking upsets lower than 5v12. However, as I mentioned in an earlier blog, there was only one team among the 11, 12 and 13 seeds that had the statistical stuff to be a Cinderella: that was the Cleveland State Vikings. ... more »

WSUwarriors

Utica, MI
Member (Mar 2007)
15 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (3/20/09 11:49 pm)   
Edited:  5 years ago   (3/20/09 11:51 pm)

Hey Pete.

Then why didn't you go with the Cleveland State over Wake Forest?

Also, what are your thoughts about how Pittsburgh played? They have to play a lot better to even get passed Oklahoma State...or even to the Finals.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/21/09 12:16 am)   

I never advocate picking a 13 in a 4v13 matchup. Yes, upsets happen. But the odds that you'll bust your bracket outweigh the value of getting the one pick right. Pittsburgh played poorly- - and I'm worried about them playing against a high- pressure, up- tempo team. NC versus LSU will be interesting too...especially if there's no Lawson.

WSUwarriors

Utica, MI
Member (Mar 2007)
15 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/21/09 9:30 am)   

How do you feel about Cleveland St over Arizona and Dayton over Kansas?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/21/09 10:39 am)   

I was impressed with Dayton...active bodies and high- pressure defense. Completely flustered the Mountaineers. I've been sort of down on Kansas, so that's entirely possible. Cleveland State over Arizona wouldn't qualify as an upset (just one seed position difference), but I like the Wildcats in that one.

ryan_tressler
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/21/09 7:44 pm)   

i picked cleveland state, but i did not realize they met the stastical data, somehow i missed that post . . . despite that pick, this has been a terrible early tourny for me . . . i only got 23 correct in round one, and now ive lost my first elite 8 team as well on saturday . . . the 8- 9 and 7- 10 matchups killed me

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

©2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network