NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Gut, Keeper perfect
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Gut, Keeper perfect
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

73rdSt

Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Member (Jan 2007)
12 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/21/09 10:14 am)   

dext....thanks for the correction. I heard that from a talking head on the radio and didn't bother to look at the boxscore. I don't feel any better however about 12- 21 FTs.
57% is not a winning formula in March Madness.

dexterreed

Memphis, TN
Member (Feb 2009)
4 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/20/09 2:30 pm)   

73rd, just for clarification, Memphis was 11- 28 from three point range, not FT.

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/20/09 11:54 am)   

I think it depends. Some teams struggle in the first round and then go on to win several games; others struggle in the first round and get bounced in the second. And then there are those that win handily in round one but lose in round two.

Memphis's close call doesn't concern me; their problem looked more like a lack of effort than any sort of weakness being exposed.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/20/09 11:28 am)   

Yeah, a few of the so- called good teams were scary- - Memphis, Villanova, UCLA. Next year, I'll dig into how high- seeded teams that struggle in round one fare during the rest of the tourney.

73rdSt

Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Member (Jan 2007)
12 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/20/09 10:46 am)   

Pete:

Good job again this year. I play in a "big" March Madness game not bracket related. It's a snake draft with 16 players and we all get 4 teams. I had #5 and got Memphis and was feeling OK until I saw them play yesterday. They scared the bejeesus out of me. 11- 28 FTs!!!! Their disease has returned. Maryland ... more »

WSUwarriors

Utica, MI
Member (Mar 2007)
15 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/20/09 10:40 am)   

Pete.

What did you think about how Memphis played? I have them going to E8 vs Conn.

Do you think they will pass Maryland or Missouri?

In addition, UCLA did not look good playing on the East coast. There may be something to that West- East coast Tourny?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/19/09 11:49 pm)   

From the Gut and Keeper brackets 16 for 16:

Maybe there's something to this "going with your instincts" thing. After the first day of the tourney, my top models are the "From the Gut" bracket I dashed off in five minutes after learning the teams in the dance- - and my Keeper bracket that I put together at the tail ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network