NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Bracketmaster updates
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Bracketmaster updates
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/19/09 8:41 pm)   

Bracketmaster PASE numbers will be slightly off as tourney results roll in:

As we add the results of the 2009 tourney to the database, the PASE values that the Bracketmaster spits out will be slightly off. Just thought everyone should know. I wouldn't want someone cranking out a do- it- yourself analysis based on inaccurate numbers. ... more »

nperry16

Brookline, MA
Member (Mar 2009)
2 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/19/09 9:06 pm)   

Pete what do you think of UCLA coming out of the East?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/19/09 9:08 pm)   

I think they're in one of the models. None of the sixes have played yet, but I like 'em all, maybe not for F4...but E8 maybe.

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (3/19/09 11:40 pm)   
Edited:  18 months ago   (10/14/12 11:54 am)

A little disappointing so far, though we just added a 12- over- 5 with Western Kentucky's win. UCLA almost lost; a worse defensive team probably would have lost that game, but UCLA really locked down Maynor in the final seconds. Anthony Grant, by the way, might have coached his way out of a high- major job... late- game situations in the tournament ... more »

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/19/09 11:44 pm)   

Oh yeah, I kind of think the pod system has a little to do with the lack of upsets. Ten years ago, an NCAA crowd would have gotten behind American. Tonight the partisan crowd in Philly was clearly for Villanova. I went to the NCAA three times in the '90s and each time the crowd was basically neutral; no one team's fans dominated the crowd. That never happens today unless it's somewhere like Boise.

dexterreed

Memphis, TN
Member (Feb 2009)
4 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/20/09 7:48 am)   

Underdogs like Akron, American and CS- Northridge can give the big teams everything they want for 35 minutes but often times the legs grow weary in the final five minutes.

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network