NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Binghamton: Upset Worthy?
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Binghamton: Upset Worthy?
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

bernie3144

Quakertown, PA
Member (Mar 2009)
3 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/16/09 9:38 am)   

Of course this is always going out on a limb, but that's what makes it fun.

I wasn't sure if your stat of "winning 9 out of last 10" meant they had to lose exactly once and could not win all 10. Bing did win 11 in a row. Just wanted to clarify this since they meet the other 3 criteria of winning at least 3 in a row (11), reg season % <.800 (.742), and 37- 58% from their guards (47.8)

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/16/09 1:13 pm)   

I assume it means they had to win exactly nine out of their last 10. All four #15 seeds to do it have won exactly nine out of 10, but then it's an extremely small sample, and you're still looking at a 4- 11 record against the 2 seeds.

bernie3144

Quakertown, PA
Member (Mar 2009)
3 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/16/09 1:26 pm)   

Yep, extremely unlikely. When looking at those who won 10 straight or more going into the tourney, there were 4 teams, all 0- 4. With brackets awarding extra points for seed differences, it always makes it that more tempting. Doesn't look good for a 15 this year though.

stephenson

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
24 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/16/09 4:35 pm)   

Yep. It's still a longshot, but if you're really itching to pick a #15 I'd go with Morgan State. Morgan State fits all the criteria except that they lean too heavily on their guards. And besides, Morgan State beat Maryland in the regular season and the MEAC is responsible for two of the four 15- over- 2 upsets.

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network