NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 10 down, two to go
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

10 down, two to go
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25     Next

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 8:17 pm)   

haha, probably a good point, but I am sticking with Lehigh anyway . . they fit the profile of a 15 seed darkhorse, i have liked what ive seen of them this year and they will have the most efficient player on the court (and in my opinion the best COLLEGIATE player on the court).

ScheB0RK

Salem, VA
Member (Mar 2010)
3 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 7:33 pm)   

I can't help but comment on the Duke- Lehigh matchup. I'm no Duke fan and Lehigh might look great, but when Duke and UNC are playing in Greensboro, don't you have to just ink in two wins a piece?

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 5:05 pm)   

Even with both teams meeting the qualities, it still only gives you around a 41% chance of picking the matchup correctly. Using the system, Pete only advances teams that have a better than 50% chance of advancing. This is why Pete did not advance them, despite both teams meeting the requirements. HOWEVER, I believe Ohio and Michigan also meet the criteria ... more »

gnrdodger24

Newport Beach, CA
Member (Jan 2009)
6 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 3:37 pm)   

I have another question/ concern. I triple- checked the Louisville/ Davidson seed guide rules and earlier in this thread, Bamilus said "To find the scoring margin percentage, take the scoring margin/ points against." If thats true, than I'm pretty sure Pete got it wrong and Davidson has all the upset qualities and Louisville has victim qualities. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

gnrdodger24

Newport Beach, CA
Member (Jan 2009)
6 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 6:52 am)   

oh gotcha my bad

Bamilus

Michgan
Member (Mar 2010)
92 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 6:28 am)   

Gnrdodger24, read earlier in this thread. It has been discussed extensively

gnrdodger24

Newport Beach, CA
Member (Jan 2009)
6 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 4:54 am)   

Is it just me or does the seed guide rules have new mexico state over indiana? i double checked and I'm pretty sure of it, but no one has mentioned it and it doesn't have it in Pete's seed guide bracket.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/13/12 12:02 am)   

I think I am also being impacted by my memories of Kenneth Faried last year . . . going into the tournament, I was using the same reasoning with him and Morehead State, but in the end, I talked myself out of picking them, because I thought they would be overmatched and Faried wouldnt be able to dominate against a Big East team like Louisville . . . ... more »

xtraordinaryjim

Martinez, CA
Member (Mar 2012)
2 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:53 pm)   

Wow Ryan, sounds like you have your reasons, and they make sense to me. I think you summed it all up when you said:

"I want a perfect bracket and if Lehigh wins and I didn't pick it, I would be very upset"

If it happens, I will remember where I heard it first. Good luck!

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:45 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:46 pm)

I've decided, I am living on the edge this year and I am picking Lehigh over Duke . . . C.J. McCollum is one of the top 5 most efficient players in the country and Lehigh is slightly underseeded as a 15. Earlier this year, they lost by only nine to Michigan State with McCollum having a really poor shooting day. I worry that their faster pace will ... more »

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:11 pm)   

Definitely Pete. You deserve the praise because my eyes hurt just looking at data a few hours at a time haha. I cant imagine the thorough research you do...thanks for lookin out for our dollar as well...sooo worth the $20 bucks. no questions asked. Cant beat March. Cant beat college hoops. Even if my bracket goes up in flames the first weekend, I still ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:03 pm)   
Edited:  10 days ago   (7/16/14 11:43 am)

NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 10 down, two to go sqnfmnw <a href="http:/ / bootsnz- a.ganucc.com/ ">ugg boots nz cheap</ a>
<a href="http:/ / uggpascherfr.nelsys.com/ " >ugg france</ a>
[url=http:/ / uggpascherfr.nelsys.com/ ]ugg france[/ url]

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:00 pm)   

hahahaha pwakefield 77....nice. i have class for much of tomorrow and work on wed so idk when I'll see yall next but have a good one...its been real

pwakefield77

Littleton, CO
Member (Mar 2010)
67 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:58 pm)   

i'm too brain fried and i've had too many beverages to contribute anymore. and my wife is complaining that she was a single parent tonight. LOLLL. good news is we have 2 more days to "get our geek on" see you guys bright and early tomorrow. thanks everyone for your help today

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:58 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:01 pm)

xtraordinaryjim...definitely take Vandy 2 rounds. They were ranked 7 to start the year before injuries ravaged them so it shows you what kind of talent they have and now theyre finally hot as you alluded to. They have the finest 3 point shooter in the country in John Jenkins. A do it all guy in Jeffrey Taylor and an athletic, active big guy who can ... more »

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:58 pm)   

xtraordinaryjim...definitely take Vandy 2 rounds. They were ranked 7 to start the year before injuries ravaged them so it shows you what kind of talent they have and now theyre finally hot as you alluded to. They have the finest 3 point shooter in the country in John Jenkins. A do it all guy in Jeffrey Taylor and an athletic, active big guy who can ... more »

johnroberts719

Georgetown, KY
Member (Mar 2011)
8 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:53 pm)   

Got my Great Eight filled out. Wouldn't miss it for anything. I know the brackets don't play it out, but I love Long Beach State. So, sorry. Got to go with them. I really think they go far....unless New Mexico (one of my other favorite sleepers) gets them in the first round. Ouch. Who knows?

xtraordinaryjim

Martinez, CA
Member (Mar 2012)
2 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:53 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (5/28/12 10:52 am)

Howdy everyone. Just wanted to say hello. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I just can't get enough of it. March is definitely my favorite time of year.

As far as teams go, I was really impressed with the way Vandy played in their conference tourney. I definitely think they can beat Harvard, and I think they may even ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:52 pm)   

I've made the mistake in the past of going with safe middling seeds in the Great Eight. Given the size of the contest (over 500 last year), the only way to win is to pick a few of those double digit seed Cinderellas.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:52 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (5/28/12 7:03 am)

I know it's already been said, but thanks again Pete for all the work you've done and everything you offer on this website . . . I remember first reading your pieces when you were contributing to espn (i think it was like 4 or 5 years ago) . . . it took me a year or two until I directed myself to your website, but I am glad I did . . . You always put out great stuff, thanks again!

rrivers123

Nashville, TN
Member (Mar 2008)
3 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:52 pm)   

Great read tonight. I have my field of 32 picked now on two cards. Years past I have really messed up on picking the sweet 16 and elite 8. This is where my brackets fall apart and curious who has the strongest ability to make it there. Now I have KY, BAY, MIST, MO, SYRC, FLST, NC and KS. Any thoughts on the elite eight.

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:51 pm)   

Lol big ups if you pulled the trigger on Lehigh...that would be great. and I'm fried too but yeah theres a lot of good trinkets on here from Bamilus, pwakefield 77 and myself. We were goin back n forth on a multitude of issues but I hate to get caught up in all teh numbers sometimes b/ c I watch a TON of games from small schools to big and i think the eye test is second to none at times

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:48 pm)   

I have my Great 8 tentatively filled out already, ive learned my lesson from past years on just what you said Pete. Before I would look at my bracket and find out who scored the most points based off my selections . . . this year I've thrown that out the window for potential picks that I see having a chance

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:44 pm)   

You got the brackets to contemplate...and then there's the Great Eight Challenge. I always enjoy the chance to go out on a limb with some of the teams I'm leery of advancing in my bracket. Pretty jazzed, too, that I can offer a new iPad as the award.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:43 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (3/12/12 11:22 pm)

Haha, my brain is so fried right now, I don't know what way I'm going anymore, lol . . . thats why I had to get off the site for a little, haha . . . i'd say what intrigues me the most is the final four/ champ rules . . . ive been fighting myself over this one a lot, i like all four teams, but im having a hard time not putting kentucky ... more »

CatsDance31

Franklin, WI
Member (Mar 2012)
29 comments posted

Posted: 2 years ago   (3/12/12 10:38 pm)   
Edited:  7 months ago   (12/27/13 1:03 pm)

Viewing Comments 1-25     Next

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network