NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Fate of Big Six champs
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Fate of Big Six champs
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

jdurham

Elmwood, IL
Member (Mar 2011)
14 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/14/11 2:41 pm)   

I paid for the site, yet it says I am still in active. Does anyone know how long this usually take?

jakestevens

Saline, MI
Member (Jan 2011)
1 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/14/11 10:37 am)   

Thanks for breaking this down for my show, "There It Is!" on ESPN1230 and for everybody here on the site. I really expected tourney champs to be exhausted physically and mentally and therefore to not do so well in the big dance, but your expert analysis shows just the opposite. Keep up the great work and we'll talk again soon.

- Jake

ironmen20

Homestead, PA
Member (Feb 2010)
2 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/13/11 11:05 am)   

So that puts this years UCONN bunch in a bit of a conundrum. They missed last years dance, which is a harbinger for underachievement. But as BigEast tourn. champs they should overachieve.

Which one would you put more weight in when looking at the Huskies?

Great work btw...

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/12/11 4:12 pm)   

Yeah, good point, Ryan...but SOARs of higher seeded teams are 43% on average. So this group of teams is about average in terms of overachievement frequency.

ryan_tressler
Ryan Tressler
West Chester, PA
Member (Feb 2009)
103 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/12/11 2:12 pm)   

However, looking at the soar%, it looks like they are more likely to underachieve, but the teams that have overachieved have vastly overachieved . . . so it kind of looks like both sides of the arguement may be true.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/12/11 1:28 pm)   

Contrary to popular opinion, conference tourney champs overachieve in national tourney:

My buddy Jake Stevens from ESPN radio in Bakersfield asked me last week whether it was true that conference tourney champs tended to struggle in the big dance. We weren?t on air at the time?just discussing what we might talk about?and I told Jake I thought ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network