NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 5 weeks
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

5 weeks
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

chriscannon30

Charlottesville, VA
Member (Mar 2008)
7 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/19/09 9:48 am)   

I could definitely see memphis in the final four again this year. Their 3 losses came early and to good competition. They beat Tenn and Gonzaga on the road. If they lose, it will be to a good team.

I could see Louisville, Mizzou, Kansas, Mich St, Villanova and xavier making deep runs. Maybe even Purdue. A lot depends on luck and seedings ... more »

UFchomp15

Sun Prairie, WI
Member (Feb 2009)
6 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/18/09 11:05 pm)   

Hey chriscannon30 good to see there are more people in this that are getting jacked for march madness. Under 4 weeks, and i agree 100% with you that i feel this bracket is going to be very difficult to fill out. Argubly the top 4 teams heading into the tourny are Pitt, Oklahoma, UCONN, and NC. Unlike last year though these teams don't seem ... more »

chriscannon30

Charlottesville, VA
Member (Mar 2008)
7 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (2/18/09 11:48 am)   
Edited:  5 years ago   (2/18/09 12:21 pm)

Pete, I enjoyed your article on Basketball Prospectus. Over the last few years I have kept a copy of tempo free stats to help identify potential upsets and championship contenders.

At this point, I feel as if there is no clear cut favorite going forward. Since 2004, the champion was in the top 5 in offensive efficiency and the top 12 in defensive ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/15/09 10:57 am)   

I agree on the general parity this year. I guess you could say that UConn, NC, Pitt and Oklahoma are the dominant teams. But they all have issues. UConn lost Dyson, NC can't play defense, Pitt historically underachieves and I'm not sure Oklahoma is for real. After that, it's very hard to rank the fourth through twentieth team. I just tried ... more »

ufchomp15

Sun Prairie, WI
Member (Feb 2009)
6 comments posted

5 years ago   (2/9/09 2:09 pm)   

Under five weeks until the brackets are released, im pretty jacked to sit behind my 52" flat screen all day long ha. What's going to be intersting is unlike last year where there were 4 or 5 major contenders this year there are a lot more. What do you guys think this years big dance will be like? Easy to predict? Lots of upsets? Possible cinderella?

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network