NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Chat times Wednesday
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Chat times Wednesday
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

Lucus18

Lubbock, TX
Member (Feb 2011)
13 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/16/11 8:28 am)   

Greetings from Texas, all is gist with the comments below, have you seen the commercial with Best Buy when the little girl runs around in a circle saying her dad bought the wrong TV you silly head, just a play on words.

Pete does a fantastic job, actually using one of his 1st 32 selections as one of my entries here in a pool I play.

Here's ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/16/11 6:58 am)   

I need some Excel lessons. One year I devised formulas to fill out the bracket with Final Four/ Champ rules...I got it to work, but the nestled IF>THENs drove me crazy!

alesiaj

Brooklyn, NY
Member (Mar 2011)
10 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/16/11 6:50 am)   

yes it will pete. f4 toggles the $ on a cell value. You can have the $ on the column, row or both, whichever you want to lock.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 11:06 pm)   

Thanks...I didn't know how to do that. So...if I do that with the first instance...and drag it down for each row, will it adjust and lock? Shows my inexperience with Excel...

mpstugart

New York, NY
Member (Mar 2011)
1 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 10:42 pm)   

sorry if this is wrong forum...but your spreadsheet has formula error in the PYTHAG ranking. It should be

=RANK(CC2,$CC$2:$CC$69)

Add the "$" to fix rows 2 to 69

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 9:50 pm)   

Thanks cderrick...really appreciate the support. I understand Lucus though- - and it's all good. Writing for CBSSports.com is always a balancing act. It helps to drive traffic here, but I don't want to give away the store. If I give them 2- 3 models, I always make sure there are 9- 10 model here- - and my final one will always only appear here. ... more »

cderrick77584

Spring, TX
Member (Mar 2007)
13 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 9:21 pm)   

Lucus, seems a little rough. Pete has been doing this for some time. You don't grow and get the opportunities he has had at both ESPN and CBS without credibility.

I have been following Pete for some time...first rate in how he handles his customers and business.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 4 years ago   (3/15/11 8:19 pm)   
Edited:  4 years ago   (3/15/11 8:34 pm)

That's not my Keeper bracket. CBS just asked me to submit a bracket...I did it in all of 5 minutes. Keeper is still coming.

Lucus18

Lubbock, TX
Member (Feb 2011)
13 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 8:10 pm)   

Sorry to see you posted your final bracket on CBS before this site, not so good for your credibility. Just sayin.

He posted on the wrong site, you silly head.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (3/15/11 6:12 pm)   

Two hours of chat scheduled:

I've set aside two hours tomorrow to chat if you'd like to talk tourney. Consider it one final cram session for your bracket. I'l be in the "Fan Chat" room (see the link over there in the left menu bar?) at these two times:

Noon to 1pm, ET
7pm to 8m, ET

Looking for to talking with everyone!

Pete

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network