NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Pitt, Kentucky gone
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Pitt, Kentucky gone
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

Posted: 4 years ago   (2/15/11 5:00 pm)   
Edited:  2 years ago   (10/14/12 1:58 am)

Gary - I was going to do a blog on this very topic. Yes - scoring has been going down steadily since 1989. That year, the tourney field averaged 83 points a game. Scoring hit a low point a couple years back at 73ppg and change. This year is shaping up to be a lower scoring year than last. At this moment, the Top 25 (always higher scoring than ... more »

gjd4

Madison, WI
Member (Mar 2010)
45 comments posted

4 years ago   (2/14/11 4:35 pm)   

Pete,

Has scoring average in general gone down in the last few years? I thought you had made a reference to such in a prior post. As I look at the scoring averages, it looks like Ohio ST and Louisville could drop below 77ppg, leaving only Missouri, Duke and Kansas as those with the right stat credentials. That seems frighteningly small.

Thanks ... more »

dmohar

Oilville, VA
Member (Mar 2010)
1 comments posted

4 years ago   (2/14/11 4:17 pm)   

Pete thanks for the updates. as the tournament gets closer, i look forward to your posts more and more. Thanks for the great work!

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

4 years ago   (2/14/11 2:24 pm)   

We’re down to the Final Five teams with the right stats to be champs :

Last week, I warned that a number of teams were at risk of dropping off the champ list for their low scoring averages. Pittsburgh and Kentucky fell just short of the requisite 77- point scoring average, while Louisville and Ohio State slipped dangerously closer to the dividing ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

©2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network