NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : Final Four makeup
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

Final Four makeup
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

gjd4

Madison, WI
Member (Mar 2010)
45 comments posted

Posted: 5 years ago   (4/1/10 1:22 pm)   
Edited:  3 years ago   (12/27/11 4:18 pm)

Pete,

I would be interested in your thoughts on the idea of tourney expansion. Benefits, risks, potential of increase or decrease revenue for CBS/ NCAA.

For me, it completely dilutes the tourney. giving the 1- 8 seeds byes in the intial round, does not ensure more upsets and more compelling games once the field is narrowed to 64. ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (4/1/10 9:58 am)   

Agreed- - and this goes a long way toward explaining why backcourt scoring contributions have risen since the early years. When I analyze a player listed as a Wing of Guard/Forward, I always divide his points between the backcourt and frontcourt. It's a crude way of doing it, but I've been consistent with the methodology. And this year ... more »

gjd4

Madison, WI
Member (Mar 2010)
45 comments posted

5 years ago   (4/1/10 9:36 am)   

Pete,

I think there is a difficult distinction to make in the front court to back court scoring given the "swing" players that many teams now have. More teams with odd lineups of 3 guard, 1 guard/3 wing players and very true low post scorers from the traditional power forward and center positions. Looking at WV, Butler, Ebanks, ... more »

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

5 years ago   (3/31/10 8:00 pm)   

2010 Final Four has worst Pythag on record, second lowest scoring:

It shouldn't come as a surprise that this year's Final Four teams have the fourth lowest average seed among the 26 semi- finalists of the 64- team era. And you can tell just by watching MSU, Butler and West Virginia (Duke gets a pass on this one) that this ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network