NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : F4/Champ change
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

F4/Champ change
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

cderrick77584

Spring, TX
Member (Mar 2007)
13 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 10:13 pm)   

Gonzaga is probably the strongest 4 seed in the tourney this year. The only thing they lack to not be considered is that they aren't from a power conference.

They meet everything else in the champ criteria. Not to mention that they meet 1 vs. 4 qualification when it comes to seed matchup. With many questions surrounding Lawson and the ... more »

vjpeak

Louisville, KY
Member (Mar 2009)
1 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 9:43 pm)   

Why no love for Washington in the F4/Champ model? The team seems to meet all of the criteria. UConn has lost its last 2 games, which should exclude it from consideration. Actually, no other team except Washington seems to meet the criteria for their seed. Thanks for your thoughts.

Great web site! Great stats and discussion! Keep up the good work!

samhouston30

Austin, TX
Member (Mar 2009)
2 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 8:36 pm)   

Pete - Great site. I always use your Upset/Toss Up trends to determine my picks. Like you, I just can't see Texas beating Duke, much less 'Nova, so I've adjusted accordingly. I also have Utah State in the Elite 8. Needless to say, I won't be getting much sleep tonight over these two scenarios.

My pool awards seed points, ... more »

cytdemasi

Forked River, NJ
Member (Mar 2007)
2 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 4:08 pm)   

Also I noticed that if you just advance all of the higher seeds to the second round with the exception of the 8 vs 9 game I have been in the lead in my pool three straight years in a row after the first round. In my pool the 1st round wins are only worth 2 pts so the upset wins in this round to not make or break the bracket.

cytdemasi

Forked River, NJ
Member (Mar 2007)
2 comments posted

Posted: 6 years ago   (3/18/09 4:05 pm)   
Edited:  6 years ago   (3/18/09 4:06 pm)

Pete, I usually go in three seperate pools and like to use three consistant brackets but with three different final four winners and one or two different final four teams. Last year was easy for me to pick and I won second in one of my pools while one lost in the big eight round and the other lost in the final so I was pretty much in all of them. If you were putting three brackets in which three should I look at.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 3:58 pm)   

All of the above- - a mix of everything: statistics, observation, gut instinct...latest injury chatter. Boy, it's a lot easier to just be ruled by the stats models! There are a number of matchups I'm torn on. I'm not winding up too far away from my gut instinct.

rkess100

Milwaukee, WI
Member (Mar 2009)
3 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 3:56 pm)   

Is your final bracket a combination of what you've observed from watching games, or is it a hodge podge of various stats you've gathered from previous tourneys?

Or both?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 3:45 pm)   

Got delayed fixing this one. Working on the Keeper bracket. Trying hard not to pick one seeds. Only think two will be there.

rkess100

Milwaukee, WI
Member (Mar 2009)
3 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 3:41 pm)   

When are you posting your final bracket??????

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 2:41 pm)   

ALERT: "Fewer than three junior/senior starters" eliminator changes two picks on F4/Champ model:

I just discovered, in responding to a blog comment, that I had two picks wrong on the original bracket for Model #3, "Final Four/Champ Rules." I had Butler over LSU and Boston College over USC. But both Butler ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network