NCAA Basketball Forum and Discussion Board: March Madness : 10 models, 1 to go
Use this forum to post questions or discuss topics with other NCAA Basketball fans.

Welcome to the new BracketScience Fan Forum
NCAA Basketball Forum » March Madness »

10 models, 1 to go
Login/Register to Post a New Comment

[ Most Recent First | Oldest First ]
    Viewing Comments 1-25    

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 2:46 pm)   

Randy 513 - Gimme another hour or so. I ran into some other things I had to take care of.

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 11:56 am)   

I'm hoping to get it done by 4pm ET. Still too many interviews and too much agonizing over picks. Can Duke really beat Pitt/ How bad is Lawson's toe? Who's coming out of that MSU/KAN/WV/USC/BC meat grinder...numbers make decisions easy. Thinking about it by myself hurts.

Randy513

Royal Oak, MI
Member (Mar 2009)
1 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 11:43 am)   

Not to rush you, (more to prevent me from coming back here every 5 minutes), do you have an ETA on the Keeper bracket?

Thanks

petech11

Almont, MI
Member (Mar 2009)
2 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 11:32 am)   

My bad...I guess I should have paid better attention. Regardless, I love the work you are doing. Also, using the formula/criteria in the determining a champion article, where 15 of the last 16 champions have been identified, what I have determined is that North Carolina is the only team that meets all the requirements. Is this what you have found also?

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 9:50 am)   

petech11 - I define an upset as any game in which a team seeded four or more positions lower than its opponent springs a surprise. No doubt Gonzaga/NC and Missouri/Memphis would be surprises...they just don't meet the definition I've been using for years.

petech11

Almont, MI
Member (Mar 2009)
2 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/18/09 7:24 am)   

I actually see 14 upsets in your Upset- Special model with the Missouri over Memphis pick and the Gonzaga over UNC pick.

ufchomp15

Sun Prairie, WI
Member (Feb 2009)
6 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/17/09 9:54 pm)   

All these models seem to be putting all the 1 and 2 seeds in. I think this year is going to offer a lot of parity in the final four. This year has just been unpredicatable, i wouldn't be shocked at all if that was the final 4.

jadler88

New York, NY
Member (Jan 2007)
1 comments posted

Posted: 6 years ago   (3/17/09 9:38 pm)   
Edited:  6 years ago   (3/17/09 9:38 pm)

those picks are crazy, its more likely that a meteor hits earth! but hey, there will be upsets but i predict no more than 9

ptiernan
Pete Tiernan
Ann Arbor, MI
Editor (Nov 2006)
567 comments posted

6 years ago   (3/17/09 8:12 pm)   

New game- play attributes model and upset special bracket available:

I just got through posting the last two models before uploading my "keeper" bracket tomorrow. Model 8, the game- play attributes model, is a repeat from last year. I wasn't going to do it again in 2009, even though it placed in the top 95th percentile of the ... more »

Viewing Comments 1-25    

·  
Rules of Conduct

2014 Bracket Science LLC
ActiveFan Sports Network